Have you seen the blog Samster Mommy?? She is doing a great drive to provide hospitals with dress-ups for the kids. How could I not whip up a few?? Click her button to find out more – her goal is 100 by the end of July, so you still have time to crank out a few this weekend and send them on their way.
Then you cut several pieces of tulle (the fine netting stuff) that are slightly longer and about 6 -10 inches wider than your base fabric. Once again, this is for dress-up, so I wan’t aiming for perfection.
Sew all the tulle to the skirt at the top on the right side. As you do this, kind of wrinkle up the tulle – this will give it some poof. It’s the lazy way to gather. You can see in how I did it in the picture below:
I used my serger again, so I didn’t need to finish that edge either. But if you use a regular sewing machine, either wrap a ribbon or bias tape around the top edge, or turn it under, so it looks nice.
Then I cut 4 strips of tulle, layered them 2 and 2, and sewed each to a side of the waist of the apron. I zigzagged it on for additional strength.
That’s it – sewing can be quick and easy! I enjoy how it ties in the back, for easy in-and-out dressing up.
I made another Dress-Up Apron using a tie-on strip method and my model wanted to wear that one as a veil – I guess that’s the fun of dressing up!
Thanks for checking out this post from www.SugarBeeCrafts.com – - click on over to read it in its entirety – you’ll love it!