Last year my mom’s peach tree had one peach. One. This year it had a few more than that….
She called us about a month ago to come and help can the peaches. Let the fun begin!
We boiled the peaches to make their skin easier to remove. I’m not sure it helped that much.
A good trick when you run out of stovetop space – use the roaster. We kept the syrup goo stuff warm in the roaster.
I tried to pack the peaches in as tight as I could. Then you pour in the syrup stuff and get any bubbles out. Then put a lid on and boil them to seal the lid.
Even with tight packing there was space in the jar – oh well. The day after canning we made a fresh peach cobbler – it was unbelieveable! Too bad I didn’t take pictures of that….