Where are all the cups?!?

Is it just my kids, or are they all cup wasters – a new cup every time you need a drink – really?!?  We run out of cups all the time – but we have like 20 plastic ones.  Drive me crazy!

Well, enough’s enough.  One cup a day.  You want a drink of water after drinking milk  - you get to rinse your cup.  Can’t remember which cup is yours? – Problem Solved:

I just took the plastic cups we have and added some vinyl to them.  I cut their names out of the vinyl with my Silhouette.  I used the vinyl I bought from Expressions Vinyl – it was the best prices I found (they have Silhouette and Cricut size vinyl).

I’m not sure about daily dishwasher use and vinyl (and we all know I WON”T be handwashing!) – I figure it’s worth the risk of a few garage sale cups to try it.  I’ll keep you posted!

Comments

My kids used to do the same thing. It drove me crazy too! My solution was buying them each a
    99c straw cup. You know the plastic cups with the built in straw. They love them and don’t want to use any other cup. Problem solved!

Such a simple and cute idea and I never thought of it before! Awesome thanks for sharing :) I’ve loved following you and seeing all the things you come up with.

I grew up in a family of five. We each had a colored plastic cup that we used all day. This was in the 1960′s. I’m glad to see people starting to do things like this again.

They do make vinyl that can go in the dishwasher. :) It’s called cast vinyl. I’ve ordered some thru Expressions Vinyl before & you can get if from other vinyl suppliers. It can go thru the dishwasher & doesn’t come off. :) I sale cups with names on it in my etsy shop. gczbowie.etsy.com
    (I have 5 kiddos & we had the exact same problem…not any more though!) :)

That is how it was in my house growing up – only we didn’t have the cool labels! But “woe unto you” if you got out two cups in one day!!

One more comment.. . I just noticed as I was linking up- Did you know that all of your kids’ names have double letters in them? Random- I know. Just thought I would point that out cause I am weird like that.

Hey, Mandy, I love the cups. My friend has practically all her glasses either monogrammed or numbered in vinyl, and they never come off in the dishwasher. Yay! I don’t handwash either; I’d rather throw something away before I’d handwash it..lol :)

Oh, btw, since you’re my bloggy seamstress friend and fellow ruffle-lover, you’re gonna love the shirt I linked up today.

Miranda