WIWW – revisited dress shirt thingy

Yep, I can’t give this dress up!  Here’s from a previous WIWW post:

So this time I tried putting a colored shirt under it – pop out the pink.  It’s too short, so hence the leggins (although someone suggested one of those peekaboo slip things, and I think I need to whip one up).   So, do you have a favorite look with this dress shirt thing??  Should I just give up trying to make it work!?!?

Um, speaking of things I wear on Wednesdays, I thought you’d get a chuckle out of this fashionable number  - yep, I head up the 9 year old cub scouts – they’re crazy!!

Speaking of revisiting things, I love my black dress from DownEast – - so versitile – - earlier I used it to show off my DIY elastic belt:

But then this week I revisited it with a cardigan over the top.  I used the purple sash that came with the cardigan and tied it around the dress – I thought it was a pretty cute look.  Note the necklace I’m wearing – $5!  Yep, it’s one of the ones I’m selling – cute, right!?!

Comments

I really like how you changed the black dress into two different looks. Very cute. What about wearing black shoes with the black dress and purple cardigan? The white shoes are a little too stark IMHO.

Should I just give up trying to make it work!?!?

YES!!! Give that thing to the girls to cut up and make dresses for their dolls.

The first look for the dress shirt thingy with the black cardigan over the top is my favorite. I’m not digging the shirt underneath look so much. Sorry! The black dress is way cute though and so versatile!

Erica

threeoclockwinds.blogspot.com

I love the 2 looks with the black dress! You look great! I’m not a fan of the flower dress with the shirt underneath. It’s not very flattering on you.

I think the problem with the flowered dress is that it’s meant to be worn as a dress — short with nothing over or under it. I agree with the previous posters. Give it a decent send-off. LOVE the black dress, especially with the cardigan and sash. But the boring in me would choose matchy shoes — black or purple.

Repurpose the flowered dress. Maybe a shirt or a skirt. That length just doesn’t really work for you while trying to be modest (I hear ya!)

I love what you did with the black dress! Belting underneath the cardigan looks awesome and the necklace really stands out.

The floral dress?? OH HONEY NO. It’s just not working. Find another use for it, but not clothing for a grown woman (sorry, that was harsh, but it was said with love, I promise). On the other hand, your black dress is darling, and you clearly feel good in it, so wear more of that! I liked it paired with a cardi and you could do any number of cute sweater combos with that for fall and even mix in tights or boots as it gets colder.

love the black dress but agree with others it might look better with black shoes. As for the floral dress I think it isn’t working with the shirt under and the leggings…I think it could maybe do one but not both. Maybe though in the winter you could do a long sleeve black shirt and long leggings – maybe be more unifying?

I think the first dress is cute, but my daughter has one very similar (is it from the girls section at old navy???) anyway. I agree, make it a skirt of alter it to make it a maxi dress for your gorls or something like that. I love the black dress in both looks… black shoes tho for sure. I am weird about shoes matching :-) good for you for trying different things. I am still in my tshirt and jeans most of the time if I actually get dressed

Great outfits and accessories. Love the first necklace the most.
    This is only my third week linking up at WIWW.

I currently have a fun anything goes linky at my blog that runs Friday through Monday each week. I just announced a new monthly “desperate 4 date night” linky and would love for you to join in on the fun. Here is the link explaing more.

Thanks for you time and hope to see you soon.

I like the colors of the flowered dress on you. Unlike everyone else, I think you could make it work with a few alterations. Shorten it up about 3 inches to make it a long tunic. And the black leggings are too harsh. Try white skinny jeans. The pink shirt is better than the black one though.

I know that many others have said that your first dress would look great as a skirt, and I’m sure it would… but honestly I really liked it with the belt! If you never feel quite comfortable in it, then go for the skirt. But if you love a look and feel comfortable in it you’ll always look great!