Living in the Kansas City area, Branson is the perfect get away for us - a few hours away, but not too far. WE are going there in a few days for the long Labor Day weekend ... the kids can't wait. (Me either!) This family picture I love is from one of our trips there this spring:
We absolutely LOVE Silver Dollar City! We have passes this year (as we have several years in the past). It is by far my favorite amusement park, and I'll tell you why:
- Shaded!! So many amusement parks are so hot! all that cement bakes you all day long. SDC has so many big giant trees, I never feel like I'm standing out in the heat of the summer. There are a couple of new areas without big trees, but there are lots of trees planted and growing in those areas.
- CRAFTS!! - obviously, I like that aspect - to see ladies weaving on looms, glass being blown, etc - I love it! It's an old-fashioned themed amusement park, and I enjoy that sort of thing.
- Food - holy cow! Normally amusement park food is awful - but at SDC, we look forward to it all. Lemon Ice is a must, and all the skillet meals are amazing - this year new was these giant sticks with a spiral fried potato - yum!
- The rides - perfect for my kids' ages. There are so many rides the younger kids can go on. I could see with older Teenagers wanting more big rides (there are a few, but not a ton), but for our age kids, it's perfect. And I really enjoy the big roller coaster they do have. Powder Keg - yaowza!
- Shows! There are so many fun shows to see when you need a break. Just sit down, eat a snack, and watch a show. All included in your price. I'm weak for shows - love them!
- Shopping - lots of arts and crafts shops, so when some of the kids are off riding rides, I can take the baby and browse shops nearby - it's a win-win.
I could go on and on, but just know that we love Silver Dollar City.
Before I show you a million more pictures, let me tell you about Hiltons of Branson - - who doesn't love Hilton! Although we've never stayed at the one in Branson (my inlaws have a cabin there we use) we have stayed at Hiltons in other cities and I'm always impressed. And there's a Hilton at Branson Landing - that is a fun new area with lots of shops, etc - we've been several times just to check things out. So if you're heading to Branson (which you SHOULD!), check out the options by Hilton.
Now, more random pictures of us at Silver Dollar City: