WIWW – - – houndstooth?

I want to talk about houndstooth – - but first, a few random outfits:

I’ve been rocking my Paparazzi accessories – - it’s what I’m wearing in all these outfits.

First up, dressing up the plain t with a necklace and lace undershirt:

Yes, you’ve seen this flowy white shirt before – - I tried wearing it with corduroy pants – are those even acceptable these days??  I thought they might be making a comeback, but what do I know…

And here I’m showing off using flower clips on a scarf  (lots of people think they’re only for hair, but they’re great for scarves and belts, etc) – - I actually sold this right off of my outfit :)

Now, houndstooth - – it’s a type of print.  I am against houndstooth – I’ve never liked it.  But lately it seems to be popping up everywhere.  It’s even  the lining of my camera bag, much to my dismay.  Well, my sister-in-law got this Houndstooth Shabby Apple dress (more dresses from Shabby Apple).  She never thought it looked right on her, so I had her pass it my way.  I feel like it’s a little big in the bust area (what isn’t!?!?) and waist (hence the belt to add a little shape and color) but otherwise I kind of like it.  Maybe houndstooth is growing on me…..

Here’s the picture of the dress I found on Pinterest – I think hers fits a little better – maybe I need to alter mine just a little….

Pinned Image

Comments

You look so great Mandy! My fav is the third one. I did think that the shabby apple dress looked a little big on you even before I scrolled down and saw the pinterest version. You are a great seamstress though, I’m sure altering it would be easy least for you! That said, I like the look of it and how you added a belt.

That is such a cute dress! Oh and I LOVE houndstooth! It is so classic and timeless! Every woman should have at least one houndstooth item in her wardrobe. I have many! And my home decorating includes a lot of houndstooth! Love it! ~ Barbara

I think houndstooth can be tricky because it can wear YOU, you know what I mean? But I think that if you altered the dress to be more fitted, pulled your hair up, and went SUPER SIMPLE on the accessories it would be cute(r). Maybe instead of red belt and earrings, you wear simple pearl studs, and carry a cute (simple) clutch? Love the red shoes with it!

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the flower clip on your scarf! So cute. I think you have great taste!

Love your first outfit absolutely the best! I think one has to be a lot younger than I am to like houndstooth. It’s definitely one of those things that is a fad now and then, but not a classic look. It will be gone next year and then back in another 30 years when the next generation has to discover it for themselves. lol

I have to confess I love houndstooth. I think the dress looks great on you but I agree a little alteration is in order. :) However I LOVE the red shoes!!

It is super cute. I love the flower on a scarf. I never would’ve thought of that! I think it’s so cute how you’re barefoot in all your pics! I agree-the dress is a little big on you, but it doesn’t look bad. I am off and on with houndstooth. I don’t feel like I can wear it, but I like it on other things like bags, scarves, etc.

I love the red shoes. I’ve never been a huge fan of hounds tooth, but I think if you altered the dress a bit it would look great! I am a big fan of the flower clip on the scarf!