Did you notice that good ole Sugar Bee Crafts got a little mini-makeover?? No huge changes, but just a little spiffing up.
- I was trying to make more content visible on the front right when you open it up, so I made my header smaller. But then it seemed lost - so I added my love, brackets!!
- Once I added the brackets (I've been in love with the whole bracket thing for about a year now) I knew that I'd use that idea for the mini-makeover. I redid all the headers of the sidebar sections to have brackets.
- I did a few behind-the-scenes adjustments to help the whole blog load faster. One that you might notice is that I will be truncating the Take-A-Look Tuesday post. Not on the day of the post, but the next day, you'll need to click a "read more" button to view the whole link-up. Hope that's not too annoying, and it'll just be that one weekly post....
- Menu Bar! I spent a whole afternoon figuring out how to make a drop-down menu bar - cool, right?!? It may not be the prettiest, but it works and it helps organize things. And I feel cool when I hover over it and all those choices drop down
- Along the lines of the menu bar, I created more pages to help organize tutorials, etc. Those pages aren't quite updated yet, but I'm getting there....
- New picture - - I thought it was about time for a new picture. I moved it right up front, because the blogs I love most are where I can immediately see who's behind the blog - like I somehow know them better when I see their picture.
To take pictures, I hang up background paper on my front porch (for the good lighting) and ask Trevor to take my picture - - he thinks it's weird but does it anyway. In any photo shoot, I do a few test shots to get my camera settings right. I had to use him as a stand-in to get my settings right before handing him the camera -- anyways, I randomly got this picture of him, which I thought I'd share....him trying to be suave:
Taking your own picture is hard - - you don't know what you look like (editing it is weird too - - I softened my wrinkles, awesome!) Here's a few outtakes - - me constantly talking, trying out the "looking away" look, and slouching - I needed someone to tell me to sit up tall!!