Warmmies are a staple at our house, but I'm beginning to realize not everyone's house is filled with them - so I have to share the love!
That picture is of only a few - we have lots more!
"Warmmies" are just a bag of rice, but you microwave it for warmth. They're a dream come true. I think the kids named them "warmmies" , so I'm sure most people would call them something else...
I don't have tutorial pictures because I made these several years ago, but I'll talk you through it:
--cut up an old towel (or a new one if you buy a towel just for this!) into 2 pieces the size of warmmie you want - ours are probably 12 inches by 8 inches or so. (if you want to embroider names on them, do that too)
--sew the pieces together on 3 sides. Turn it right-side out.
--Fill with cheap-o rice. Not too the brim - maybe 3/4 full.
--Turn that edge in and sew it shut.
To use, microwave for about 2-4 minutes, depending how big it is and how hot you want it.
Great uses for Warmmies:
- put near your toes inside cold sheets at night - the bed covers insulate the heat and it'll stay warm way longer than you think, sometimes all night. No one likes getting into cold sheets - here's the answer!
- cuddle up with it while watching a movie
- sit on it while blogging (don't knock it til you try it!)
- do you park outside?? let everyone hold one in the car until it warms up
- use it on sore muscles, like a heating pad