WIWW – the beginning

So if you’ve been with me for awhile, you know I’ve been doing What I Wore Wednesday posts for a little over a whole year – and I started it out with this outfit, which was quite controversial:

I love that everyone jumped right in and shared their opinions right away.  You can see it all on THIS POST, but one of the most memorable was:  “as for the outfit I say burn it ASAP” –See, my readers are awesome, just telling it like it is…

Anyways, for some reason I just couldn’t bring myself to get rid of it.  So I thought it was appropriate to bring it back, one year later – I think I did a better job this time around, which shows you I might have actually learned a little about fashion in the past year, maybe:

(um, ignore the Christmas wreath – I swear I took it down after seeing this picture! it’s the kids as a photographer, they don’t know to point these things out) – So this time around I wore a shirt OVER it instead of under it, and my boots are taller.  I tied the bow in the front a little more, and I went with big honkin’ gold earrings. The denim is in the shirt instead of the pants.

Need a side-by-side??

So let’s hear it – - thoughts this time around??

And random, but I wore this to one of my Lasik checkups, and the eye doctor commented on how she liked it.  When random people comment on an outfit, it must be making an impression.  Good or bad, who’s to know.  The appointments are super short so I take my kids along – to keep them entertained while I read off the chart, they take turns playing for a couple of minutes on my Tab.  And they consider the camera feature a game, so I have this gem to share with you – enjoy:

Pin It

Comments

Oooh, wow, I love the outfit now!!! It’s a total change and for the good. I hated the sleeves on the shirt/dress(?) so covering them made a world of difference. I also love the boots and tights! You look so great! :)

Well, Mandy, you obviously weren’t listening to the ‘burn it’ suggestion, were you. LOL It is definitely more tolerable now, but probably at the bottom of my Favorite Mandy Outfits list. :-) You’re a good sport. have a great day! ♥

Well it looks like there are mixed opinions, but I actually really like the dress. You just have to style it right and I think the 2nd time around is perfect. I love when people take risks with clothing and don’t wear the normal, boring stuff that is so common these days. GREAT job with the 2nd outfit!!!

Erica
    threeoclockwinds.blogspot.com

found you on pinterest too…

sleeves aside, the dress is cute and i didn’t think the first outfit was that bad. BUT i do like the second much better :0) and the boots!! oh, i <3 <3 <3 the boots!

The answers are cracking me UP! Ok, I actually like it restyled. I wouldn’t burn it. Not sure if I would keep it either. Guess I’m undecided. No burning. Donate it to Goodwill. Someone else (like thrifter me) will be restyling it and posting it on their blog. LOL

Okay, I’m just gonna throw in my 2¢ here … the print is awesome! The ruffles have got to go. :-l

I do like this years take better than last years though. You’re right, I think it’s the boots. Last year’s were just too busy to wear with that top.

BTW, found you on Pinterest! Thanks for the tutorials!!

I agree with the covering up the top portion. I just think maybe a simple cardi to do it though; with a belt right there at the middle of the dress where it already has the pulled in waist-I think that might make it more form flattering. I will agree, it is better than the first time around! ;)

And one more thing, whatever you put over it next time probably shouldn’t have a collar since the dress already has a high-neck thing goin’ on…just a thought-I am obviously no expert on these things either!