WIWW – New Year’s

I didn’t really dress up any over Christmas break – mainly out of laziness.  I did dress like an elf for Christmas Eve – that was fun, but probably not really the “fashionista” look…

So come New Year’s Eve, it was time I put on some real clothes!  We had a fun party at our house – I hadn’t decided what to wear, but Trevor was busting out his cowboy boots so I said I’d have to do that too – I went with those gold ones.  I so wish I had a sparkly shirt – put that on my to-find list.  The closest I could come was this purple shirt with sequins around the yoke collar, and this cardigan with white sequins on the front of it (hard to see in the pic) – some sparkle was better than none!

It was a mustache party, so that was fun  - – everyone interpreted the theme in their own way….

New Year’s Day was a Sunday, so here’s what I wore to church.  Something is off with the outfit – I like the shirt – it’s flowy and comes in at the middle with that medallion thing.  I’m thinking I should stick to wearing it with leggings – it just looks odd with a skirt.  Or maybe the skirt needs to be longer?  Or I should be wearing tights, not hose (I know, I know!)  Thoughts??

Comments

The second skirt is too flowy for the top. A pencil skirt would work better- try to stick to volume on top or on bottom, not both. I thought you looked great on New Years!

Love the elf outfit! We had a few elves in our house on Christmas Eve too! I agree with Kilee. Only one flowy piece at a time. The top would look great with a pencil skirt and the black skirt would look great with a tighter top. Both are good pieces! ~ Barbara

I’m not an expert, but I think what is off is the length of the shirt. It somehow shortens the length of the skirt. I think if it were shorter it would look better. Of course you don’t want to shorten it just to wear with this skirt, but I do think the length of the shirt you wear with this skirt will effect the overall look.

I’m actually thinking what’s a little off in the last picture is the square-ness or maybe flat-ness of the boots. I think it pulls the whole outfit down. Weights it down too much. Maybe dressier boots, or different shoes all together. You always look more put together than I do though! Happy New Year.

Cute Elf!
    I agree with JKclark the boots are the problem with your sunday clothes. Or not clothes, because they’re really pretty.

Love the elf costume! TOO cute!

And your ‘stache photo is adorable too!

And your belted outfit with the shiny boots ROCKS!

LOVE!

Would also love it you’d stop by for a visit!

P.S. I’m your newest follower. : )

~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

Love your New Year’s outfit – the purple with cream and gold accents is lovely. And I feel the same about the top and skirt…it looks cute but the flowy top would probably go better with a pencil skirt or leggings/skinny jeans. :)

love your gold belt and boots! we would love for you to link up with us on sunday “sunday best dressed”. we need some help with ideas on things to wear to church, so any skirts or dresses you would like to share with us would be great! hope to see you sunday!

-chelz
    griffithsrated.blogspot.com

I love the Elf costume. Really cute.
    Love the New Year’s Eve outfit, too.
    As for the Church outfit, I think a longer skirt would look really good. Or the leggings under the skirt?

You do have good taste! Love your Blog!