WIWW – denim again

I really do take all of your thoughts and ideas on outfits into consideration.
Let’s continue the whole denim shirt thing….After last week’s What I Wore Wednesday (see HERE), Katie gave an outfit suggestion, so I thought I’d give it a try.  It was to wear a cardigan OVER a denim shirt.

So here’s my look:

and here it is side-by-side to the inspiration from Lilly’s Style:

So I don’t know what it is, but I wasn’t really diggin’ it on me – - I know I need a skinny belt, but what else? darker pants?  I know I shouldn’t be wearing socks with my shoes, but my feet were cold, and they’re shamrock socks so I figured I was just being festive.

And speaking of outfits for inspiration, I may have mentioned this before, but I just giggle anytime I see myself pinned on someone’s style board.  Really – me?!?  that’s what’s funny.

Anyways, more thoughts on denim??  Other things I should try??

Pin It

Comments

I didn’t think I would like a denim shirt but it looks good! You pulled it off very well!

And yes that must be funny to see yourself on others boards!

new follower,
    Kristy @ HearMyHands

I think just the belt would make a HUGE difference. I think you look good in it though, just add the belt like you said. Cute look-simple and sofisticated.

I think the sweater might be too long. The sweater in your inspiration picture hits at the waist, and yours hits at saddlebag level (not that you have them!). That’s what might not be working.

I really like this look a lot! Yes the belt would be great! And why not try some darker pants and see if you like it better than the gray pair. Either no socks, or different shoes. =) I do love those shoes though. They look much more comfy than the other lady has on. =) I don’t do pointy toes or High heels.

It may not be worth changing, but I think one of the differences that I really noticed is the buttons. Her’s are dressy/shiny, and I think it changes the feeling of the outfit. Just a thought! I love the rolled sleeves.

K, now that I have read all the comments- I agree that a belt and a shorter cardi are the way to go. I say try the denim shirt with black skinnies and your tall brown boots.

I agree with Lindsey – I think you should try a shorter cardigan with it. I like it as is, but I think a cardigan that hits closer to the waist might be cuter.

I really love the denim shirt with the cardigan. If you’re going to tuck it, definitely a belt. Also, you may want to go shorter with the cardi. But the colors are so pretty on you.