Amy from The Idea Room introduced the theme which was JUST BE YOU (and we got these amazing necklaces from Amy Cornwell - check out her amazing site ) – her main point was that YOU need to find YOUR reason to blog – it’s different for everyone.
Then Tauni got up and spoke about Social Media tools – some things that I found important:
- Keep your presence where you readers are – you can’t do it all – (example: if most of them are on FB, then spend most your time on FB)
- Make your twitter and your FB feeds different – everyone likes a personal message, not just something coming from a feedburner
- KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE! create a survey and find all about your readers – age, favorite crafts, demographics, etc)
- Create a media kit – not just about your numbers, but about who you and your site are – include: things you’re great at, what sets you apart, number of pins on a certain post, info about your audience, etc.
- Make a monthly newsletter to send out via email to those who are interested.
- Know your WORTH – VALUE YOUR TIME! Charge for giveaways, get paid for advertisements , etc.
- Three ways to get paid: cash, product, social traffic
- Work with brands you would use yourself, not just brands that offer
Later that night we were the debut event for Velata – pretty ingenious – – use your current at-home Scentsy warmer, get a deeper warming plate, and it’s a fondue party!! The deeper plates and varieties of dipping chocolate are sold through Velata which is sold through Scentsy. Yum.