These are notes from the classes I took at SNAP and are obviously the things that stood out to me, things I want to implement, etc – check out their blog for more info on the sessions, better pictures, fun times, etc.
It’s still Take-A-Look Tuesday – scroll down a post for that….
I am not really into party planning, and I wouldn’t have choosen to go to this class called Get Your Party On, except for it was an early morning class and the only one offered at that time. I wanted to get my money’s worth out of my SNAP ticket, so if the choice was this class or no class, I’d go to this class. I am so glad I did – it ended up being one of my very favorites. She spoke more on life in general and not specifically on party planning – it was great. The speaker was Cheryl Najafi and you can find her at http://www.cherylstyle.com/ – she has a book coming out on May 29th and I can’t wait to read it.
Things that I loved hearing:
- Take it beyond the food – you should have “experiences” at the table.
- Use organic things in your place settings
- Great meals can feed the soul – memories will last a lifetime
- Idea – trivia on placecards – break out of the mundane conversations
- Make guests feel special – it’s all about THEM not YOU
- Create SHAREABLE content on your blogs and others will share it
- Embrace your best and resource the rest (she loves to decorate for parties but often hires out the food to catering)
- Reach far with your voice – share yourself – creativity is contagious