Hey Everyone - - if you want a 4th of July present, how about treating yourself to a Silhouette Cameo - I love mine! If you're considering getting one, I wanted to let you in on the awesome deal this month - - you can get a Cameo Machine AND the Designer Edition Software (it's the step up from the regular software) all for just $269.99 - - that's a deal!
if you already have a Cameo, you might just want to upgrade to the Designer Edition Software ( want some reasons why it's awesome - keep reading...) - - normally it's $50, but right now it's only $25 - - that's so doable!
For either deal, go to Silhouette via this link and use the code "SUGARBEE" when you check out. Here's a handy visual diagram that explains all I just told you....
So, I just installed the Studio Designer Edition Software - - it was super easy to do - - there's a button in the regular software that walks you through upgrading. The 2 things I'm most excited about:
--making my own rhinestone shapes! normally you can't resize rhinestone shapes, but with software you can take any size of shape and make it into a rhinestone template.
--the cross-hatch ruler - I use scrap pieces on my cutting mat a lot, and I'm always trying to reveal the cutting mat and then counting squares, etc - - with this software as I move my mouse there's a ruler on either side indicating exactly where I am - it's awesome.
- Ability to open, manipulate, and cut .svg files
- Rhinestone tools to convert designs into rhinestone templates and create your own rhinestone designs
- Sketch tools to convert designs into several styles of sketchable art
- Creative knife tools to allow you to clip designs using different patterns
- Enhanced eraser set to modify designs with more precision
- Built-in ruler and guide lines for precise alignment and drawing
And if you want to see it in action (like I did) here's a quick video link.