Reader Feature Apology

Hi everyone – I hope you’re having a great evening. I am ready for the weekend!

Recently Trevor did a post on his blog featuring some projects from the Link Party.   I am sorry for any hurt feelings it caused.  He used the word “permission” out of context and I wasn’t involved in his post.  I want to assure you that he won’t be featuring from my link parties in the future.

Thanks so much for letting me know of your concerns.  All your projects are important to me and I love the craft spirit each of you have – you inspire me.

Comments

Mandy, thanks so much for that. It really does mean a lot. I’ll continue to come link up, it just might be a while before the sting goes away. I appreciate you taking our concerns to heart. Have a great weekend!

Mandy,
    I just wanted to send hugs to you and Trevor, both. While I know that there were hurt feelings (and understandable so), I want you to know that I didn’t feel like there was any mean intent. Even though I didn’t like how Trevor shared his “typical man” feelings on so many trends out there in blogland, I “got” that it was an attempt at satire and echos what so many men feel about crafts in general. I grew my blog readership on your link parties and always appreciated the kind comments and support you left. Have a great weekend and I’ll be back next week.

glad to hear that I know so many of us have found something of a home in your link parties. we all do things without thinking it all the way through sometimes. hope you have a great weekend.

Oh my. I read your husband’s posts when they were fresh and didn’t have many comments. To be honest, I didn’t think much about them after I read them and didn’t realize the drama they had caused until I read this post and then went back to his posts and comments. I don’t think it’s my place to judge his decisions. Whether it was right or wrong, I really enjoy your blog and will still be reading and linking up.

I appreciate your apology, especially since I feel that link parties should be about support and NOT about criticism and ridicule. As women and crafters and bloggers, we should be uplifting one another. I think that’s important.

I thought link parties were to share a bit of our lives, especially the fun and crafting parts. I think Trevor’s blog is fun and a light hearted look at ourselves– sometimes we take ourselves too seriously!

Hey Mandy,

I wasn’t involved in any of that, just wanted to send good thoughts your way and to let you and Trevor know that I think his blog is very fun to read. I’m always telling my husband what it says. I’m sure it’s weird being married to a craft blogger :)
    –Katie
    @ Creatively Living

I still don’t see the big deal about it? I wonder things like that, too. I’m just not brave enough to say it. lol Sending hugs and peace your you and your home.

Ladies…oh Ladies… There needs to be a whole lot of chocolate and Diet Coke consumed. Get a grip and enjoy life. I thought Trevor’s post was so funny that I immediately linked it to my facebook. Of course, maybe that’s why we get along; I am the most fabulous mother-in-law ever!

I adore both you and your husbands blog. I quite often make fun of myself and my projects, but I suppose I’m not easily offended. I read your husbands blog posts to my husband and it gives us both a good laugh! Hope you guys have a great week!

Mandy I’m so sorry this happened. When I first read Trevor’s post I thought it was HILARIOUS! I had no idea it started all this. I know he didn’t mean for this to happen. I’m so very sorry people were hurt and offended by what he posted. I didn’t really find any of it hurtful, BUT, Trevor’s humor is a lot like my own husbands and so maybe I just get it. I feel so terrible that it affected your blog and your readers. I’m a happy follower and subscriber of both of y’all and will continue to support you both!!