Hi Sugar Bee Craft readers! I'm Shannah from the blog Just Us Four. Over on my blog, I love to share recipes, crafts and the current DIY project that I might be working on.
Today, I'm excited to be here to share a new recipe with you: Ginger Soy Chicken with Soba Noodle Salad
Now that fall is in full swing where I love, I LOVE getting out on the deck and grilling. I've also started using soba noodles (Japanese buckwheat noodles) in place of spaghetti for Asian themed recipes.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp ground fresh ginger OR 1 inch piece finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dark sesame oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4-6 oz soba noodles
- 4 small radishes, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
Let's make it!
1) Mix all the ingredients for the chicken marinade in a small bowl. Add chicken breasts to plastic bag and pour marinade over chicken. Seal and refrigerate in marinate for at least 3 hours.
2) Cook soba noodles according to the package instructions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
3) Heat grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Grill chicken over medium heat until done.
4) While the chicken grills, add the radish, carrot, bell pepper and cucumber to soba noodles.
5) In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil and garlic. Stir with whisk to combine. Pour dressing over soba noodle mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6) Once chicken is fully cooked, plate salad with chicken.
- You can slice or shred the chicken and add it to the salad to serve as a side dish.
- If you can't find soba, whole wheat spaghetti can be used instead. **
I hope you'll come check some of the other stuff I have to share with you, including more recipes, a weekly menu feature and a weekly link party over at Just Us Four!