Instruction manuals aren’t exactly a captivating read.
I’ve had a lot of people come to me asking for tips and telling me how frustrated they are with the images they are taking with their camera.
They want to know how they “fix” this and how they “fix” that.
They want to know how to take better pictures.
Test things out on your camera as you read.
Learn what you and your camera are really capable of.
2. Learn how to change your ISO
3. Learn what the wheels on your camera do… which wheel adjusts your aperture and which adjusts your shutter speed.
4. Learn how to turn on/off your on-camera flash, if you have one.
6. If your camera allows you to adjust your focus points, learn how to do it.
My challenge for you this week: Take your camera off Automatic mode, read your manual, and learn some of the neat things your camera (and you!) can do!
The more control you have over your camera, the happier you will be with your pictures.
Visit me at The Dancing Toad blog!
- Two More Photo Tips – Photography Contributor - February 8, 2013
- Portrait Posing Tips – Photography Contributor - January 11, 2013
- Having Fun with Camera Settings – Photography Contributor - November 9, 2012
- Getting to Know YOUR Camera – Photo Contributor - October 12, 2012
- Photo Tips from Lizzie – Family Pictures and Clothing - September 14, 2012