The Black Friday Deals Page at Silhouette - you will go to that page and you'll need to use the code "SUGARBEE" for the sale prices to work.
You NEED a Silhouette Machine, so you can whip out projects like this on a whim (don't judge the straightness - these we made by my class of kids at church) -
IF you want the CAMEO - - it is $229 and comes with all the CAMEO stuff, PLUS Silhouette Studio DESIGNER EDITION!! (that's a savings of $119.99 - wowza!) - more info on the software down below...
IF you want the PORTRAIT - - it is $179 - a great low-cost alternative to the Cameo.
If you can't decide, here's the comparison:
Winner of the Portrait Giveaway from earlier in the week: Renee R - congrats!! I just sent an email your way!
If you're wondering about the Designer Software, here are some of my thoughts:
The 2 things I'm most excited about using the upgraded software
--making my own rhinestone shapes! normally you can't resize rhinestone shapes, but with software you can take any size of shape and make it into a rhinestone template.
--the cross-hatch ruler - I use scrap pieces on my cutting mat a lot, and I'm always trying to reveal the cutting mat and then counting squares, etc - - with this software as I move my mouse there's a ruler on either side indicating exactly where I am - it's awesome.
- Ability to open, manipulate, and cut .svg files
- Rhinestone tools to convert designs into rhinestone templates and create your own rhinestone designs
- Sketch tools to convert designs into several styles of sketchable art
- Creative knife tools to allow you to clip designs using different patterns
- Enhanced eraser set to modify designs with more precision
- Built-in ruler and guide lines for precise alignment and drawing
REMEMBER - to buy the special deal, go HERE and use the code "SUGARBEE" - happy shopping :)
If you want to see some ideas of what I've done with my Silhouette in the past: