Hi Sugar Bee readers! I’m Mimi, of Vibrant Designs by Mimi.
I love fashion, designing clothes and jewelry, and pretty much anything crafty, including trying new things in the kitchen. I’m super excited to be sharing this amazing recipe with you today.
My favorite scone recipe comes from this book, which I got as a gift when I was little. But with a chill in the air and the leaves changing colors, I really wanted to add a fall twist to this brunch classic.
To those basic ingredients I added 3/4 cup pumpkin pie mix and 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
(You can also add up to 1/2 tsp. cinnamon for extra yumminess!)
Here’s everything laid out on the counter and ready to go!
1. Mix together all dry ingredients in a big bowl.
2. Cut butter into small pieces and add to dry ingredients,
then use a pastry cutter to blend it all together till it resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture,
and add buttermilk, pumpkin, and chocolate chips.
4. Stir until the dough clings together and is a bit sticky.
Be careful not to stir too much, because you don’t want the scones to be tough!
5. Pat dough out on a floured countertop.
into a 1 1/2″ thick square
and cut dough into triangles with a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
(You could also use a cookie cutter if you wanted!)
6. Place scones on an ungreased cookie sheet,
beat the egg and brush lightly on top of the unbaked scones,
and put them in a 425 degree over for 10-15 minutes,
until pastries are light brown.