Away for the Holidays? Why not send the holidays to your loved ones?
Hi everyone! I’m Jaime, with Wayward Girls’ Crafts! Thank you to Mandy, for having me! I blog with my mom and three sisters and we are a Wayward group!
Wayward Crafting means flying by the seat of our pants and biting off more than we can chew but making it work. I love home decor, baking, jewelry making, and trying new things.
November marks 6 years of marriage for me and my hubby! In 6 years, we’ve spent a few Christmases at home. Those years are always tougher for me. I miss my family a lot, especially during the holidays. That’s where I came up with my holidays in a box idea!
This package is meant to make your loved one feel more connected to the holiday traditions you have at home.
Inside my box:
- Ornament from my family’s Christmas tree. We always trimmed the tree together and a major tradition was getting a new ornament every year in our stocking. As we grew, our ornament changed from Cookie Monster, to the Little Mermaid, to Kissing Boys =) The one in this box is Justin Beiber.
- Sugar cookie mix and cookie cutters. It’s just not Christmas without sugar cookies and icing at our house. We have a tradition of making them…ugly. Check it out.
- Letter to Santa. We wrote letters to Santa way longer than we should have. So I thought it’d be fun to have a Mad Libs type letter to set out with the cookies. Here’s an idea
- Christmas Eve pajamas. We got to open one present each year on Christmas Eve. Inevitably it would be matching pajamas. Then we take a million pictures.
- Biblical passages of Christ’s birth and quotes about Christmas. Christmas isn’t complete without reading the nativity story. Great way to remember the reason we celebrate.
- Two Christmas Movies. I love Christmas movies! Elf and the Polar Express are the ones I’ve included. Both faves at my house.
- Christmas socks. I love festive socks, so I had to include a pair.