Today I want to touch on the topic that everyone wants to know about but that most people don’t talk about – – how to make money blogging…
Since it’s a new year, I figure everyone is making goals – maybe your goal is to make a little extra money on the side with your blog. (Last week I talked about how I make money with Paparazzi, in addition to my blog). I am the first to admit that I’m no expert at this topic – but I wanted to share a few things.
- First, along those lines of not being an expert – – just a few days ago I purchased the Mom Blog to Money Blog course from TipJunkie – click the button for more info:
- I make the most money from plain ole Google Adsense. It’s a great place to start. You can have up to 3 ads with them – utilize all 3.
- I love nRelate because it provides a service I need – it’s the widget that says “other posts like this one” and lists a few posts. In that list an ad is included and that’s how it’s monetized.
- I am part of several ad networks and have applied for a couple of more. Still feeling around to see what’s best.
- You can sign up for Social Spark if you’re interested in writing sponsored posts. It’s a great place to start. You’ll get small offers at first but as you do a few you’ll start to get bigger offers. I don’t take all the offers – I want to stick to things are relevant to my blog.
- You can also become an affiliate to places such as Amazon, Shabby Apple, etc. I don’t make too much from affiliate programs, but they’re still nice to have.