Hi Sugar Bee Readers! I’m Shatzi from Love and Laundry and I’m back this month for my Kid’s Craft post! My kid’s love doing seasonal crafts and we’ve had so much fun the last few months with the holidays. January is a little bit trickier, though. No major holidays! But, we’ve been getting lots and lots of snow and extremely cold temperatures! This morning is was –10°F on the way to school! Yikes! I still can’t believe they didn’t cancel school! At least they kept the kids indoors during recess. Since it’s way too cold to actually go outside and build a snowman, we decided to build our own inside with stuff we had lying around.
Here’s what you need:
1 Empty Bottle
1 Old White Sock
2 Pieces of scrap fabric (preferably fleece or minky – the larger one about 10” x 8”, the smaller one 1” x 10”)
2 Rubber Bands
3 Small Buttons
2 Pom Poms – one large and one tiny orange one
2 Googly Eyes
These are super easy to make. It only took 15ish minutes for my daughter to put the whole thing together! I love a good, easy craft!
The first thing you do is pull the sock over the empty bottle.
Tuck the top of the sock into the bottle opening.
Next, take the rubber bands and the large rectangle of fabric. Fold the fabric in half with the right sides together and secure the rubber band near one of the ends.
Turn it right side out and tuck the rubber band inside. Wrap the fabric around the top of the bottle and use the second rubber band to hold the fabric onto the bottle.
Grab some hot glue and glue the large pom pom to the top of the hat.
Lay the bottle down and glue the googly eyes and the small orange pom pom onto the front.
Next, tie the long skinny piece of fabric around the bottle like a scarf. We fringed the edges with scissors first.
Last, but not least, glue the little buttons in a row below the scarf:
And there you have it: one easy, non-finger-freezing sock snowman!
Thanks for having me, Mandy! I just love getting to spend a day on my favorite blog.
- Kid Craft Contributor – Popsicle Stick Puzzles - July 5, 2013
- Melted Bead Keychains – Kid Craft Contributor - June 7, 2013
- Safety Pin & Bead Bracelet – Kid Craft Contributor - May 3, 2013
- Pinwheels – Kid Craft Contributor - April 5, 2013
- Homemade Moon Sand – Kid’s Craft Contriubtor - March 1, 2013
- Kid Craft Contributor: Handprint Valentine Cards - February 1, 2013
- Sock Snowman: Kid Craft Contributor - January 4, 2013
- Glitter Snow Globes – Kid Craft Contributor - December 14, 2012
- Indian Corn Napkin Rings – Kid Craft Contributor - November 2, 2012
- Furry Halloween Spider – Kid Craft Contributor - October 5, 2012