Hi again Sugar Bee readers! Shatzi from Love and Laundry here and I’m so excited to be back this month!
I love Valentine’s day. Okay, maybe that’s a little corny. Who doesn’t love the day of love? It’s fun. It’s easy. Even little gestures of love seem to go a long way. And, I love that my kids are getting old enough to actually get into the spirit of Valentine’s Day a little bit. This year, they wanted to send the grandparents some homemade Valentine’s Day cards. I thought about just letting them color on some cardstock and calling it good, but where’s the fun in that?!? So, we busted out the paint and scrapbook paper and spent the evening making some “handmade” cards! Get it? HANDmade. Sorry…I couldn’t resist.
These cards are super duper easy. Like ridiculously easy. And they’re really a great craft for kids of any age (with mom’s help, of course!). My three year old was crying when we started because I didn’t paint his hands first. He thought it looked like so much fun and wanted in on the action! This really doesn’t even need a tutorial, but I love putting tutorials together, so here it is:
You can finish the cards off by decorating with letters and scrapbook paper.
Now, I just need to get them in the mail so Grandma and Grandpa can have them on time!
Thanks so much for having me, Mandy! I just love visiting here every month.
- Kid Craft Contributor – Popsicle Stick Puzzles - July 5, 2013
- Melted Bead Keychains – Kid Craft Contributor - June 7, 2013
- Safety Pin & Bead Bracelet – Kid Craft Contributor - May 3, 2013
- Pinwheels – Kid Craft Contributor - April 5, 2013
- Homemade Moon Sand – Kid’s Craft Contriubtor - March 1, 2013
- Kid Craft Contributor: Handprint Valentine Cards - February 1, 2013
- Sock Snowman: Kid Craft Contributor - January 4, 2013
- Glitter Snow Globes – Kid Craft Contributor - December 14, 2012
- Indian Corn Napkin Rings – Kid Craft Contributor - November 2, 2012
- Furry Halloween Spider – Kid Craft Contributor - October 5, 2012