Hello, Sugar Bee readers. Kilee here, from ONE little MOMMA, and I am excited to be back again with you to share a little Spring style! You know that shoes can make or break an outfit. The right pair can pull an outfit together and the wrong pair can ruin it entirely. I have had several friends ask my advice about their shoe wardrobe so I am here to share a list of essential shoes to have in your closet for Spring and Summer.
1. Nude Pumps: A nude pump is the right color of pump for dressy occasions during the upcoming warmer months. Pair them with a blouse and trousers for work or a pencil skirt or dress for a special occasion. You can even wear them with boot cut or cropped skinnies for date night. Suede works with denim, but stick to dressier fabrics with a patent nude. Nude wears well with khakis, whites and grays.
3. Colorful Flats: A pair of colorful flats can really add a pop of fun to any outfit. It doesn’t really matter what color you choose- just find one that you love and it will likely go with the other colors in your wardrobe. I really love these leopard print or black and white print ballet flats- they add interest by adding a pattern with neutrals. For a no-fail look, change out your brown flats for some coral or some teal ones this year.
4. Flat Sandals: Flat sandals will be your go-to in the summer, but stay away from those foam flip flops! There are SO many other options out there that are just as easy to slip on and just as comfortable too. Your look will improve 1000% just by wearing a real sandal! Metallic sandals are a big deal this year and I love that many of these options have a little metallic detail or pop of color.
5. Cute Sneakers or Slip-Ons: For days at the zoo or outings where a lot of walking is involved you also need a comfortable pair of shoes. Pick out a cute pair of sneakers that have fashion as well as function. I LIVE in my TOMS because they are so comfortable, but luckily they are cute too. You can go with Converse, TOMS, Keds, or any other brand that fits a similar look.
6. Wedge Sandals: Wedge sandals are a must for hot dates with the hubby, girls night, and all of your upcoming events where you want to step it up, but still be comfortable. You can choose the angle of wedge that works for you, but find a neutral pair that you love. Wedges are casual, but sexy. Pair them with jeans, skirts, shorts, dresses- any summer outfit to take it up a notch. Watch your confidence grow as you add an inch or two!
- How To Wear the Color of the Year- Fashion Contributor - January 10, 2014
- How to Wear a Chambray Shirt This Fall- Fashion Contributor - November 8, 2013
- DIY Graphic Tee: Give Your Tee Some LOVE- Fashion Contributor - October 11, 2013
- 5 Tips for What to Wear for Family Pictures- Fashion Contributor - September 13, 2013
- Cargo Vest Tutorial- Fashion Contributor - August 9, 2013
- Summer Trend: How to Wear Neon- Fashion Contributor - July 12, 2013
- Tips for Picking Your Summer Purse (and Staying Stylish all Summer!)- Fashion Contributor - June 14, 2013
- How to Wear a Denim Vest- Fashion Contributor - May 10, 2013
- Toddler Lace Detail Top Tutorial- 3 Ways! - April 12, 2013
- Basic Shoe Wardrobe for Spring and Summer 2013- Fashion Contributor - March 8, 2013