Hey everyone! It’s Shatzi from Love and Laundry again! I love hanging out here every month sharing kid’s crafts! I can’t believe it’s already MARCH! Where is this year going? And I’ve gotta tell ya, I’m ready for warmer weather! I live in the
great extremely cold state of Idaho and it seems like warm weather will never show it’s face here. But that doesn’t mean we can’t play like it’s warm now, right?
My littlest is home by himself all day while the bigger kids are in school. And he gets sooooo bored. He’s always hanging on my clothes and begging to be entertained. It’s sometimes hard to find things that will keep his three-year-old attention. Especially when the snow covered back yard is off limits most of the time. So, we get creative and find stuff to do. Today, we decided to bring a little bit of summer into our cold winter days.
Have you ever played with Moon Sand? I found it when my oldest was about 3 or 4 (she’s 9 now! YIKES!). She used to play with it for hours on end! I mean, my kids love play dough, but Moon Sand is a totally different level of obsession. My youngest has never played with it before. I decided it was high time he give it a try! But not with the expensive store bought stuff. The (super duper ridiculously easy) homemade kind!
You guys, I’m not gonna lie. This is the coolest stuff ever! I had a hard time handing it over to my son. I just wanted to build with it!
It really is easy (and cheap) to make! All you need is 4 cups of flour and 1/2 C of baby oil.
Mix it up really good with your hands until it looks like:
Then, fight through the urge to selfishly keep playing with it and hand it to your toddler. Okay, maybe it’s just me….
His favorite thing was driving his monster truck through it. I heard “vroom, vroooooom” for a couple of hour straight! And as a mom with an often bored toddler, that screamed success!
So, seriously, go mix a batch up! Build yourself a little sand castle until it warms up outside and you can build a real one!
Thanks for letting me visit, Mandy! I love coming over here.
- Kid Craft Contributor – Popsicle Stick Puzzles - July 5, 2013
- Melted Bead Keychains – Kid Craft Contributor - June 7, 2013
- Safety Pin & Bead Bracelet – Kid Craft Contributor - May 3, 2013
- Pinwheels – Kid Craft Contributor - April 5, 2013
- Homemade Moon Sand – Kid’s Craft Contriubtor - March 1, 2013
- Kid Craft Contributor: Handprint Valentine Cards - February 1, 2013
- Sock Snowman: Kid Craft Contributor - January 4, 2013
- Glitter Snow Globes – Kid Craft Contributor - December 14, 2012
- Indian Corn Napkin Rings – Kid Craft Contributor - November 2, 2012
- Furry Halloween Spider – Kid Craft Contributor - October 5, 2012