Hey y’all! I am just giddy to be joining you today to share this super easy tutorial
to make your very own glitzy monogram platter just in time for your next fabulous
holiday celebration. *** Squeal with delight ***
- A plate or platter – old or new … any find works. (This one is from the 365 series from Ikea)
- Mod Podge (I swear I could buy stock in this stuff!)
- A paint brush
- Two sided adhesive paper or tape (I used Silhouette brand)
- Clear coat finish spray paint
The steps are easy to follow, you simply ….
- Ensure your platter is clean … pre-work, ladies … pre-work.
- Cover the entire rim of the platter with a full coat of Mod Podge. Go on now, don’t be stingy…. Put a good coat on it. Make sure the ring of your plate or platter is even. I had a very easy to follow natural rim on this platter, but if you don’t just simply take the extra time to tape it off or go back with a wet towel and clean up any mishaps with the Mod Podge.
- Go crazy with the glitter. Shake it on all over the Mod Podge area. I would suggest doing this over a paper bag, box or a sink for easy clean up.
- Once you have the rim complete it’s time to turn your attention to the center. I whipped up this monogram on my Silhouette machine but you could easily craft a design using a stencil and Mod Podge or two sided adhesive paper or tape. I chose to use the two sided adhesive paper because it goes on (just like double side tape) and you don’t have to wait for dry time…. Tick, tock.
- Position your design on the center of the plate and cover this design with glitter as well.
- Once complete, shake off any remaining glitter and let the entire plate dry overnight.
- The next day, dust off any glitter from the “non-glitter” parts of the plate. You need to be thorough with this step.
- Clear coat the entire platter with clear spray. This will allow the glitter shine to stay but will keep little glitter particles in place (else you will find glitter EVERYWHERE!).