Happy New Year everyone! I am so excited to be here today to share one of my weaknesses....Peanut Butter and Chocolate. No matter what my good eating intentions are at the beginning of the New Year, peanut butter and chocolate is the exception to the rules!
I LOVE this flavor combination, hence the reason I have a Pinterest board for exactly that dessert combo. And when we host our twice monthly Bible study here at our house, I'm always looking for an easy dessert to create! That is where these Peanut Butter Chocolate AWESOME Bars come into play. I'm sure you have the ingredients right there in your pantry, ready to be mixed together into these decadent bars that everyone will love!
6 cups rice or corn Chex cereal
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
2 cups milk chocolate chips or peanut butter chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In measure your Chex cereal in a large bowl and set aside. Grease a 9x13 pan and set this aside as well.
2. In saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar and corn syrup until it comes to a boil. Remove from the heat, and stir in 1 1/2 cups of the creamy peanut butter.
3. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal. I like to mix this all together with my hands to coat the cereal really well. Use wax paper so the mixture doesn't burn you and the cereal doesn't stick to your hands. Spread the cereal and peanut butter mixture in the greased 9x13 pan.
4. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the 2 cups of milk chocolate or peanut butter chips, 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter, and the vanilla on high in 30 second increments. Stir after each 30 seconds until it's smooth.
5. Spread over the cereal and allow it to rest on the counter for a few hours so the topping can harden.