- Felt (I used 100% wool felt, but acrylic will work) in orange, black and white
- Embroidery thread in orange, black and white.
- Bar pin
- Hot Glue
Like I said, this is quick and easy. The first step is to cut out the pieces of felt you need. You will need to cut out one of each shape, except 2 eyes (the little circles) and 2 face pieces. Once you have all of your felt pieces cut, here’s how to complete your felt fox brooch:
- The first step is stitching on the fox’s white cheeks. Take one of the orange fox faces and place the cheeks in place, flat edge up. They will slightly overlap in the middle. Then, sew in place with a running stitch and white embroidery thread, one thread.
- Next, sew down the black nose and eye circles with black embroidery thread.
- Finally, grab some orange embroidery thread, 3 strands, and, placing the other face piece behind, stitch all the way around the fox face with a blanket stitch. Use a straight pin to hold in place while you are stitching.
PS–if you are looking for a few more fun, easy felt projects, try these:
- Simple Felt Nativity Ornament - November 14, 2014
- Felt Snowman Ornaments - October 10, 2014
- Lego Man Embroidery Hoop Art - September 12, 2014
- Bride and Groom Cross Stitch - August 8, 2014
- Felt Coin Purse - May 9, 2014
- Felt Fox Brooch - April 11, 2014
- Felt Hexagon Pouch - March 14, 2014
- Simple Felt iPhone Case - February 1, 2014
- Felt Hexagon Coaster - January 4, 2014
- Fall Tea Towels: DIY Leaf Stencils - November 2, 2013