Hi there! This is Julia from All Things with Purpose
I want them for two primary reasons:
Children really want to learn…
Find the labels HERE!
Here are some category ideas:
1. Already Competent: Puzzles, Shapes, etc, things that are fun!!
2. Working to Learn: Picture books with small words. Things to count.
3. Introducing an Advanced Concept: For example, I want him to become familiar with coins. So, I throw in one coin in each busy box. Some days I pop by and tell him what it is. This is a quarter. Other days I may not, but he starts to gain familiarity.
Stay Away From:
Things that are messy!! Do not include paint or play dough. The whole idea of the box is providing something that they can do without you. I did include a notebook for him to write/draw, but I did not include crayons or markers in the bins because I have a central spot for markers and crayons. You need to decide if you trust your child with scissors or markers without you.
If in doubt, don’t include it.
- Red White and Blue Preschool Lacing Cards - June 27, 2015
- Mommy’s Helper Printable (Preschool Contributor) - April 25, 2015
- Fun Preschool Recipe Cards! (Preschool Contributor) - March 28, 2015
- Printable Chore Charts (Preschool Contributor) - February 28, 2015
- Valentine Play Dough Mats (Preschool Contributor) - January 31, 2015
- Preschool Contributor: Felt Name Tree - November 22, 2014
- Thanksgiving Printable: Handwriting Art (Preschool Contributor) - October 31, 2014
- Preschool Contributor: Printable Number Train - September 27, 2014
- Frozen Ice Painting (Preschooler Contributor) - August 30, 2014
- Preschool Contributor: Playing with Time - July 26, 2014