Hi friends! It’s Katie from Made to be a Momma! I have such a fun project that is centered around your kids and makes a perfect Mother’s day gift! The petals of this flower bookmark are made with your child’s fingerprint which makes this both special and fun for the kiddos. Who doesn’t like a little finger painting?
Finger Paint / Acrylic Paint
I chose two shades of pink for my petals. If you child is a bit older then he/she will better understand having the petals in a straight line. My son is only 3 so I let him play around making his fingerprints and when he was all done I just cut out a section that happened to be in a straight line!
I did help him change colors and show him where he should put his finger print
For the cutting and folding part of this process you can follow this tutorial right HERE! Where she used teeth for her corner monsters I replaced with my flower petals. I then added two hand cut leaves for an extra touch! Cute right?!
If you like this project I would love to have you come on over to Made to be a Momma for crafts, diy projects, recipes and more!
Need more Mothers day inspiration? Check out these posts!
Thanks for checking out this post from www.SugarBeeCrafts.com – – click on over to read it in its entirety – you’ll love it!
- Patriotic Graham Cracker - June 5, 2015
- Jello Popcorn - May 1, 2015
- Crocodile Snack Tray - April 3, 2015
- Orange Jello Wedges - March 6, 2015
- “Cutie” Valentine Gift - February 6, 2015
- Chocolate Dipped Apple Hearts: Kids Treat - January 2, 2015
- Give Thanks Paper Garland - November 7, 2014
- Cupcake Liner Halloween Owl - October 3, 2014
- Monster Marshmallow Treats - September 5, 2014
- Bookworm Bookmark (Kids Craft Contributor) - August 1, 2014