Hi Sugar Bee Readers! It’s Katie from Made to be a Momma here again! Can you believe that Thanksgiving is coming in just a few weeks! I have a super fun and simple craft idea you can do with the kiddos. This is such a great way to teach some of the younger kids how to be thankful-even for the little things. I have been using this with my 3 1/2 year old son. Each and every day we take out a small piece of paper and write on it what we are thankful for. We then add it to our garland. We will have a long garland full of things we are thankful for. Some of our things so far have been “our health”, “Daddy’s job”, and “Carter- his sibling”.
Growing up, I was always taught to be grateful even for the little things. This is such a fun craft that can be brought out each year and you can see all the things we have been blessed with over the years. Here’s how to make your own:
scrapbooking paper cut into strips
Apply the scrapbooking letters that make out the words ” Give Thanks” or whatever you want, to your mug. Cut your scrapbooking paper into strips. Place inside mug. Each day write something that your or the kids are thankful for. Fold your scrapbooking paper into a ring shape and tape together. As each day goes by repeat the steps until Thanksgiving Day and your garland is full!
Here are some more fun Thanksgiving related post. I really hope you will come check them out!
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies - November 14, 2015
- Savory Biscuits - October 10, 2015
- Cocoa Pumpkin Marshmallow Treats - September 12, 2015
- Mini Lemon Donuts with Strawberry Glaze - August 7, 2015
- Raspberry Jello Delight - July 24, 2015
- Patriotic Graham Cracker - June 5, 2015
- Jello Popcorn - May 1, 2015
- Crocodile Snack Tray - April 3, 2015
- Orange Jello Wedges - March 6, 2015
- “Cutie” Valentine Gift - February 6, 2015