Hi Sugar Bee readers! It’s Katie from Made to be a Momma. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas season and a happy new year! Can you believe that it’s the year 2015 already?! I wanted to get a little bit of a head start and share with you a super simple and delicious kids treat that is so fun for Valentines Day or any day—chocolate dipped apple hearts! I have a very picky almost 4 year old but one thing he has always loved is fruit and apples is one of his favorite.
Heart cookie cutter or cutter of your choice
Candy melts, color of your choice
Melt your candy melts according to the package or in the microwave at 30 second increments.
Once you cut out your desire shapes out of your apple slices place them on a piece of wax paper and flash freeze them for about 5 minutes. This step is optional but I noticed the chocolate seems to set better when the apples are super cold.
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies - November 14, 2015
- Savory Biscuits - October 10, 2015
- Cocoa Pumpkin Marshmallow Treats - September 12, 2015
- Mini Lemon Donuts with Strawberry Glaze - August 7, 2015
- Raspberry Jello Delight - July 24, 2015
- Patriotic Graham Cracker - June 5, 2015
- Jello Popcorn - May 1, 2015
- Crocodile Snack Tray - April 3, 2015
- Orange Jello Wedges - March 6, 2015
- “Cutie” Valentine Gift - February 6, 2015