Disclosure: This post was sponsored by General Mills through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Pillsbury™ Grands! Cinnamon Rolls, all opinions are my own.
We LOVE having guests – and we’re rolling into that season (in fact, Trevor’s parents are stopping by next weekend for a couple days – fun!). We love living in the middle of the country, because we get lots of guests stopping in as they travel from one stop to another.
I love to keep things easy when we have guests in our home – we have a guest bucket with towels, toiletries, etc, set up and ready. I’m not a huge morning person, so I like to keep breakfast easy as well, and Pillsbury™ Grands! Cinnamon Rolls are my go-to for sure. Everyone loves them, they’re super easy, and they make breakfast special for those staying with us. And they’re something that my kids can pretty much make on their own – they love helping in the kitchen. And then there’s the smell…. mmm, you can’t beat the smell of baking cinnamon rolls!
I wanted to throw out some quick tips for making guests feel welcome:
1. Give them their own space – we don’t have a guest room (yet! gotta finish the basement!), so we use one of our kids’ rooms, and move that kiddo in with a sibling. That way guests have their own room.
2. Bathroom access – make sure they can access the bathroom easily – a room near a bathroom is ideal.
3. Toiletries Go-To Box – just in case, little soaps, extra toothbrush, etc. Once you put this together, it’ll be ready to go anytime you have guests.
4. Set out towels, blankets, any linens they’ll need.
5. Prep dinner in advance – I don’t want to waste my time in the kitchen instead of visiting with guests, so oftentimes I try to prep dinners before they come – have casseroles ready in the fridge/freezer so I can just pop them in the oven.
6. Make breakfast easy – again, my go-to is Pillsbury™ Grands! Cinnamon Rolls – they are SO good, and SO easy. I also try to have fruit, yogurt, and juice on hand.
7. Have the camera ready – you won’t want to miss snapping pictures with your guests – everyone loves photo memories.
8. Travel Guide – put together a list of fun things to do in your area. When guests visit, they can choose what they’d like to do with the time they have and no one is bored wondering where to go or what to do. When we have guests in town, we love seeing local sights, trying local restaurants, hitting up local shopping, and various things like that.
Sometimes we even meet up at amusement parks or local shows:
9. Snacks – having snacks ready and available makes them feel at home. Munchies like popcorn or carrots, or sweet treats like cookies and cinnamon rolls (yep, they don’t have to be just for breakfast!)
And then there’s the occasional ice cream treats:
10. Have Fun – don’t stress! Having guests is all about having fun and enjoying one another’s company. Get outside, hit up activities, and just focus on having FUN while they’re here!