So you have your DIY Minnie Mouse Costume TuTu Skirt all ready to go and are just ready to top off the outfit with the DIY Minnie Mouse Bow Headband, right?! Well today’s the day I show you how to make one for yourself. I love love love how this came – so simple and cute and awesome.
You can’t have a Minnie Mouse costume without mouse ears!
They are mouse ear perfection! And I have the SECRET TRICK to get the ears to stand up….
DIY Minnie Mouse Bow Headband
–black headband (mine came in a 6 for $1 pack at the Dollar Store)
–1 sheet of black craft felt
–red tulle (leftover from the tutu skirt)
–red polka dot ribbon
–scrap of thin red ribbon
–2 mini craft sticks
–needle and thread and hot glue
OK, first up, let’s make the ears – fold the felt in half and on the fold edge cut a circle with a little tab on the bottom. So when you open it up it looks kind of like a barbell 😉 Repeat for the other ear. The bar part will be the part that wraps around the headband. Hot glue the bar area and fold it over the headband.
Now – the SECRET TRICK to getting the ears to stand up – insert a small craft stick in the ear. Then hot glue the ear sandwich with the craft stick inside. Repeat for other ear. Voila!!
For the rest, make a bow out of the ribbon. Tie a knot in the thin red ribbon. Make a bundle out of the tulle. Layer it all together and tie the thin red ribbon (with knot in front) around the bundle. Use hot glue where necessary. Then hot glue the bow to the top of the headband, in between the ears. Fun, right?!?!
I just love it!!!
And if you love Minnie Mouse accessories, you might also love the cute Minnie Mouse Rolled Hairclip I made in the past – –
- Vinyl Christmas countdown (with letter outline shadow) - November 14, 2016
- Fall Fabric Flowers - November 3, 2016
- Show and Tell, Link Party Time! - October 31, 2016
- DIY Walnut Table Tutorial - October 31, 2016
- How to Start Your Own Craft Club - October 27, 2016
- Camp Tees Layering Vinyl - October 25, 2016
- Show and Tell, Link Party Time! - October 24, 2016
- Choose Happy Mesh Embroidery - October 24, 2016
- Apron Tutorial and Pattern Roundup - October 22, 2016
- Show and Tell, Link Party Time! - October 17, 2016